Analyze a Health Theory or Model
As a health professional, it is important to understand the theories and models that underlie your work. They can be indispensable in guiding your decisions and actions. In this Discussion, you will apply a health theory or model to the levels of influence in the social ecology of health model.
To prepare for this Discussion:
- Review the following models and theories from Chapter 4 of the text and Part 2 of ” Theory at a Glance”:
- The Health Belief Model
- Theory of Planned Behavior
- Transtheoretical/Stages of Change Model
- Social Cognitive Theory
- Diffusion of Innovation Theory
- Review the social ecology of health model with its associated theories by completing the following exercise:
- Select of the models or theories from the list above that coincides with one of the five hierarchical levels in the social ecology of health model.
- Reflect upon how the model or theory explains a health condition associated with the previously Healthy People assigned focus area.