You have been asked to develop a short (max 1000 word) briefing paper for a senior Australian bureaucrat overseeing one of the following development assistance projects:
1. A rapid assessment of measures to mitigate the impact of growing inequality on Indonesia’s poor
The briefing paper must be limited to two pages (single spacing, 11 point, 2.54 margins), including the following:
1. The name, title and ministry of the people who will be attending the meeting (if necessary, names can be made up, but the position titles of those attending will be relevant to the rest of the brief)
2. A short section on the purpose of the meeting (including objectives of the meeting)
3. A section that includes key points to be discussed in the meeting (using dot points)
4. A background section, which includes:
i. an overview of the development context in that country,
ii. background on the program being discussed,
iii. information about the ministry of the person the senior Australian bureaucrat will be meeting with, and
iv. any other relevant information that may be necessary in convincing the foreign counterpart to support the proposed action or program.
The paper must be referenced, but instead of citations, you must include a list of five useful references at the end of the brief (included in the two-page limit).