*** You completed the draft last week and would like to continue the final this week. However have not heard back from you. PLEASE RESPOND ASAP. Thank you
For this assignment, you will be creating a draft for the Research Paper. Select one aspect of cultural diversity from the following list that you would like to study:
* (For improved memory and increased awareness, remember the mnemonic, GARREACS.)
- Sexual Orientation
Once you have chosen one aspect of cultural diversity to study in depth, prepare a Research Paper with the following components:
- Summarize the pertinent historical, political, social, economic and cultural factors related to your chosen aspect of diversity.
- Consider and summarize any relevant developmental theory models related to your chosen aspect of diversity.
- In regard to your chosen aspect of diversity, identify the relevant laws or programs that have either helped or restricted access to care and support.
- Evaluate how your chosen aspect of diversity, in combination with two other aspects of diversity, can lead to increased needs or issues. For example, if someone is female, African American, and lesbian, will there be additional challenges? Select any combination of three aspects of diversity to discuss.
- Describe at least two resources currently available in your area for someone needing special services related to your chosen aspect of diversity.
- Explain how your personal characteristics will either complement or conflict with this diversity issue. Consider your own biases and prejudices or those of your family of origin.
- Discuss relevant concerns, cautions or insights necessary for you to be a culturally competent human service professional.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Your paper should include a minimum of a title page, reference page, a cohesive introductory paragraph, and a representative part of the body of your paper (minimum of two- to- three pages) which may be unpolished and in need of reworking. For uncompleted parts of your paper, please report the direction that you are taking and any specific ideas that you may have regarding your final draft. You will be required to incorporate the feedback you receive on this draft into the final draft of your Research Paper.