Cultural Intelligence is the ability to observe, understand and pick up on the subtle nuances of another culture and the ability to adapt to the socially acceptable behavior of others.
Discuss this in relation to issues of leadership and communication.
1. Read the definition of ‘literature review’ below and, preferably, read further definitions and several examples of literature review in areas that interest you.
2. Consult collections of literature . You are expected to refer to academic books, journals and conference proceedings, and to select highly relevant chapters or articles. Sources should include several that are relatively current i.e. written within the last 10 – 12 years. You will find others that are older than this but very useful and this is acceptable providing you have included several that are more current.
3. Synthesize the ideas in the literature, focusing on those ideas that help to answer the question as stated.
4. Provide evidence from the literature in support of your argument by quoting and paraphrasing appropriately.
5. Use APA referencing standards and provide a correctly formatted reference list at the end of your work.
6. Organise your work to include:
a. an introduction or background information section, to include a definition of the key terms you will use in your writing
b. main section with suitable headings and sub headings, in which you discuss the themes in your sources that are relevant to the question
c. main section in which the themes in the sources are related to your immediate professional context, with specific examples to illustrate your points
d. a conclusion / recommendation section, in which you a) draw on what you have learned to make appropriate recommendations for your instructor or workplace managers and b) suggest suitable areas for further research.