Assignment 1: Discussion—Culture, Management, and Strategy
The importance of culture on any managerial decisions can be perceived on two different layers: the corporate culture and the national culture. Globalization compels companies to internationalize, so they must choose a strategy that enables them to remain competitive in a global marketplace. A company’s strategy defines its future, and correct planning and implementation is key to the company’s success or failure. Companies face an environment often perceived as hostile and unstable, and they need to redefine their strategy, giving it a new orientation.
Using the Argosy University online library resources, locate at least three different scholarly sources on cultural impact on management and strategy. Discuss the following:
- Based on previous experiences and the information you derive from the literature, is it your perception that many companies are really concerned about the importance of corporate culture and national culture when defining their strategy? Explain your position with some real-world examples.
- What role can either corporate or national culture play in defining a strategy?
Write your initial response in a minimum of 400 words. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
By Friday, January 31, 2014, post your responses to the appropriate Discussion Area
Assignment 2: Required Assignment—Literature Review
For this assignment, you will conduct a literature review of the four-frame model discussed in this course. To complete this assignment, you will choose three peer-reviewed articles from the required reading section of this course and four from the University online library. You will analyze and synthesize the materials to compose a 5–7-page paper of your analysis.
This literature review will be the basis of your LASA assignment in this course during Module 7. Before you begin, review the directions of the LASA assignment to familiarize yourself with its requirements.
The purpose of this literature review is for you to practice:
- Critically reading and understanding the articles and how to tie the concepts together
- Synthesizing the various concepts and results of the review
- Writing a collective analysis of the articles that will help you address the topic of the final assignment
- Choose a minimum of three articles from the required reading list provided in the course and four from the Argosy University online library databases. Your selected articles should discuss some aspects of the four-frame model discussed in the course. Ensure that your selected articles reflect a blend of research that has contributed to generation of applicable theories as well as a critique and affirmation of the specific theories.
- Develop an introduction on the background of the topic, the four-frame model, and the purpose of the literature review.
- Analyze the seven articles and describe the key themes that emerge across the seven selected articles.
- Synthesize the material and summarize the patterns of similarities and differences regarding how each of the authors has presented each theme.
- Based on your analysis from the seven selected articles, conclude by explaining the importance of applying the four-frame model and its impact on successful management and leadership.
Remember, a literature review is not simply a summary of the articles; it is a synthesis of the many ideas and concepts presented in the various articles.
Write a 5–7-page paper in Word format. Utilize at least seven scholarly sources in your research. Your paper should be written in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Apply APA standards to citation of sources. By Monday, February 3, 2014, deliver your assignment to the M5: Assignment 2 Dropbox.