With globalization, organizations care less about country frontiers in their usual business operations, looking for opportunities across borders to:
- Increase their base of customers,
- Take advantage of cheaper labor to manufacture items, and
- Avoid the increasing competition in their domestic markets.
Companies go international for different reasons. Such a move can be really profitable; however, sometimes challenges can diminish the positive outcomes. Good planning is crucial for a successful and profitable international operation.
Using the Argosy University online library resources and the Internet, search recent business news on two companies that expanded their operations abroad.
- Describe the global business environment and discuss the implications globalization may have on strategy formulation.
- Concerning the two companies chosen for this discussion, analyze the reasons that led them to expand their operations internationally, as well as the main advantages and challenges of such a strategic move.
Write your initial response in 300–500 words. Your response should be thorough and address all components of the discussion question in detail, include citations of all sources, where needed, according to the APA Style, and demonstrate accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation