Recall the long-term care system within your community (San Diego) you identified for your previous interview and contact them to schedule an interview with their Chief Information Officer or Director of Information Technology. Let them know that you are a student and the scope of your assignment indicating that your will not take longer than one hour of their time.
Review any materials and/or website for this organization/agency as well as the following questions for your interview. Identify at least three more questions of your own to include in the interview. Be certain to prove the answers to these questions to be sure you get the depth and breadth of answers you are seeking.
1. Tell me about your position, how long you have held this position and your background.
2. How would you compare the use of Information Systems in Long-Term Care compared to other aspects of the health care industry?
3. What software technology do you use for managing the health information of your patients/residents/clients?
4. How do you manage protected health information and HIPAA in your organization?
5. Do your patients have any access to their own health information (patient portal, apps, jump drives, etc)?
6. How do you manage the billing and reimbursement processes within your information systems?
7. How large is your department and what positions are in the department?
8. What do you see the biggest challenges to be for Information System management in long-term care?
Submit your assignment by listing the Questions Asked in bold followed by the Responses from your interview. Prepare 1-2 closing paragraphs for this assignment that detail your opinions based upon your readings and the responses from your interview.
Points Possible: 30
15 points questions all addressed with comprehensive responses
5 points inclusion on three additional questions posed by the student
5 points 1-2 closing paragraphs with student’s opinions based upon the readings and interview responses.
2 points for demonstrating familiarity with the organization
3 points writing guidelines