As the United Kingdom considers how it can better address cybercrime, what legal strategies are being pursued by other countries? (Canada, US, Australia, China, Russia etc.,).
Select one country and consider the following in comparison with the United Kingdom’s current strategy:
• How do the two countries organise themselves to address cybercrime?
• Do they target their resources at any particular activities (IP infringement vs fraud vs hacking etc.) or sectors?
• What form of enabling legislation for law enforcement has been implemented? In your opinion is it appropriate and effective?
References and citations
In your postgraduate work, the style guide you should use is OSCOLA: The Oxford Standard for Citation of Legal Authorities. You can download the fourth edition here:
Subject to the note below about particular areas of study, the expectation is that you will use the OSCOLA style guide as your point of reference for all your postgraduate coursework and your postgraduate dissertation.
In your particular programme it could be that your Programme Directors will suggest you should use other style guides and, if so, you should follow their advice. Alternatives may be especially relevant for those working in Legal History (where style guides from History may sometimes be of more assistance) or in Criminology (where Harvard-style in-text referencing and the British Journal of Criminology guide are often used).
Format and Style:
• Maximum of 8 – 8,5 pages long
• Text (including quotations) must be in Times New Roman 12 point font.
• Line spacing must be at least one-and–a–half lines; except that indented quotations may have single line spacing.
• Margins of at least 2 cm must be used at the top and bottom of the page, and 2 cm on the right and left sides of the page.
• Footnotes or endnotes must be included within the specified page allowance; each note must be no smaller than 10 point font and must start on a new line.
• A bibliography may be added: this does not count towards the specified page allowance. No other appendix may be attached.
• Pages should be numbered.