Assessment Brief/ Task
The detailed requirements for this task are as follows:
Oxfam has employed your company, ‘Ethical Consultants’, to produce a series of commodity chain reports on everyday products in Asda.
Choose ONE product below and write a 1500 word commodity chain analysis of that product.
You should pay attention to steps which lead to the product appearing on the shelves of a shop near you for purchase. Try to find out how the main components of the product are sourced, its manufacture, transport and eventual distribution to UK stores. At each level pay attention to the creation of value and profit and the social issues that might be raised.
£6 Men’s Jeans Asda
£5 electric kettle Asda
Fresh Feel Socks £6 Asda
Writer You are totally free to choose one of those 3 products.
The following information is important when:
• Preparing for your assessment
• Checking your work before you submit it
• Interpreting feedback on your work after marking.
The module Learning Outcomes tested by this assessment task are indicated on page 1. The precise criteria against which your work will be marked are as follows:
The precise criteria against which your work will be marked are as follows:
1. Analysis of commodity chain of chosen good
2. Analysis of distribution of value/profit
3. Discussion of ethical problems
4. Use of Harvard Referencing and Academic style