Assignment Title:?Online Brand Marketing plan (Report)
Where to hand in: ?TurnitinUK ONLY
Note: ?This assignment contributes to 50% of the total module mark.
4. Research and assess opportunities for the application of digital marketing and communications
practices within specific markets
5. Create detailed, actionable emarketing plans
6. Identify the information, systems and process requirements for successful integrated, customerfocused
7. Apply quantitative techniques to analyse marketing data
Identification of group and individual components:
The assignment is to be completed individually by each student.
DETAILS OF ASSIGNMENT
For the purposes of this assignment outline and detail an online marketing plan for an organisation
based on the scenario below.
Based on your analysis of the scenario you will need to do the following:
• Clearly define the marketing environment for the organisation.
• Using an environmental framework Identify in depth areas of opportunity and weakness and use
these to formulate the objectives of your marketing plan. You must use only two of the following
frameworks: Porters, SWOT, PEST
• Detail your strategy and how you intend to implement it. You will need to consider the following:
o The niche and target market strategy
o The positioning and differentiation strategy
o The domain name
o SEO strategy with detailed costs, and the amounts of clicks that you can buy on a monthly
• You will be expected to implement your ideas and therefore you will be required to develop a fully
functioning website prototype which includes as a minimum 5 pages. You will need to include a wire
frame and a navigational outline to show that the necessary information and planning process has
• As part of this implementation detail your social media strategy, this will need to include an email
• Identify your measurement strategy, what are the key metrics you will use to help you identify your
success rate in meeting your objectives. You will need to develop a measurement strategy based on
defined online metrics and analytical criteria.
• Reflect on the information and process developments. Carefully consider, style, layout and
appropriate emarketing activities that were integral during the implementation phase.
Reflect on the decisions you have made and the ideas you propose and give full justification.
This is an individual written assignment. 3000 words maximum.
Assignment Scenario – “The Book Club”
You are a Digital Marketing consultant who has been approached by a small family run Book shop
business known as “The Book Club” who are based in Huddersfield. They are a small organisation
whose primary business revolves around publishing and retailing. They sell Books and normal
hardcover/paperback books, and they publish science fiction and fantasy books only. Over the last
few years “The Book Club” has struggled in a very competitive market. They have identified that they
need to diversify their market and product range but they have no idea on how to accomplish this,
should they continue to publish or focus purely on retailing?
Currently they do not have an online presence and no mechanism to engage with their current or
past customers. They want you to help remedy this; they envisage that their online presence should
be used for acquiring new customers through SEO and retain existing customers via email marketing
and social media.
Therefore, your job is to develop an online marketing presence which allows “The Book Club” to
compete within the online environment. You will need to write a business case report and create an
online presence that allows the “The Book Club” to accomplish their publishing/retailing ambitions.
You must remember that the “The Book Club” has zero experience of the online environment. For this
assessment, you will be required to be thorough in your analysis and research and make maximum
use of the scenario provided.
You should support your work throughout with evidence from good quality academic (journal
articles, textbooks, conference proceedings, etc) and business sources. All material you reference
should be cited fully using the standard university style, both within the main body of your report
and in a clearly marked References section at the end.
You should ensure that you adhere to the current student regulations regarding assessment
(presented in the student handbook), with particular reference to ethical considerations and issues of