As the HR Manager for Quantro Systems you are asked to produce a report which briefly describes the approach you recommend to developing the HR function within the company as well as a new People Strategy as a basis for further discussion.
You need to cover the following points:
1. How the HR function could be developed and the types of functions that should be carried out. Include within this section a brief discussion of the different roles of HR, referring to academic theory.
2. Recommend a new HR strategy for the company (referring to Best Fit, Best Practice or RBV or a mixture). You will need to compare and contrast at least 2 theories
3. Discuss how you plan to recruit and select the sales team. Include within this section a discussion of the reliability of 3 different selection tests.
4. Discuss how you plan to train the new sales team. Also, how would you evaluate the success of that training?
5. How you would introduce a new performance management system to the company. Outline the key elements you would include and explain why.
6. Propose how you will measure the success of your HR related activities.
7. Discuss two different types of HRM measures, including one package. Outline the benefits and risks of measuring HRM to the company.
8. Ensure that you refer to relevant academic theory and examples from other companies. You must also include a reference list.